The new Food Act came into force in March 2016. Any business involved in producing, manufacturing, packaging, transporting, storing or distributing food now require a Food Safety Programme. Just exactly what it is that companies do require depends on where they fit in the food value chain.
Our Food Safety Support Services are designed to provide you with a complete compliance centred package supporting your particular programme that allows you to focus on your core business with the knowledge that your market and regulatory compliance requirements are up to date and are unlikely to provide you with an unpleasant surprise.
Developing and implementing your Food Safety Programme within your business is one thing but it does require ongoing regular maintenance and updates to ensure that compliance is maintained.
These Food Safety Support Services options are typically customised for individual businesses as no two businesses have exactly the same requirements. One of the determining factors in deciding how much ongoing support your business needs in relation to Food Safety is the degree of existing Food Safety expertise the business already employs. The initial Gap Assessment is critical to understanding the need for support.
Businesses which do not employ a full time Food Safety Compliance Manager typically have the need to access our entire suite of services in one form or another.
The AgriChain Centre has a range of support services available to assist with this including:
- On-site process review
- Document review
- Combination of the above
- Full report on the status of your food safety system and where it is at right now
- Identification of additional requirements in order to meet required standards
- One-off audit
- Planned audit programme at set frequencies as per your system requirements
- Site visits in support of your food safety team
- Audit reports, including non-conformances
- Updating your food safety manuals and documents as required by your food safety system
- One-off or regular support service
- Aligning documentation with any process changes or upgrades
- Conducting HACCP reviews and risk assessments
- Audit of non-conformances
Non-conformances close out
- Offer advice on correction actions to non-conformances identfied internally or by auditors
- Managing the close out process to satisfy auditor and maintain food system registration
- Assisting with root cause analysis
- Structuring and conducting management reviews in line with your food system requirements.
- Working alongside your food safety team to ensure systems or major upgrades are integrated
- Keeping disruption to your business to a minimum
Where a business is in a position to have an in-house compliance manager, the focus for business tends to be supporting through the provision of internal audits and participating in management reviews.
Regardless of which of these situations is applicable to your organisation, Food Safety compliance is an increasingly complex part of being in business. Being on top of the current legislation and regulations, providing you with Food Safety advice, service and training and supporting your daily business through ensuring Food Safety compliance is our core business.
We would love to hear from you.
To discuss your needs please contact Anne Marie Arts.
Call Free for all enquiries 0800 24 74 24 or email us: email@example.com